Please use the buttons below to see more information on Fleetwood Town FC and matches between Aldershot and Fleetwood over the years.

Match Report: 01 Dec 2012 Aldershot Town Football Club v Fleetwood Town FC
Aldershot Town Football Club's Badge Aldershot Town Football Club 3
Fleetwood's Badge Fleetwood Town FC 2
Fixture Type: FA Cup Venue: Away
Match Date: Sat 01 Dec 2012, Kick Off: 15:00
Referee: Phil Gibbs Assistant Referee: Warren Broadbent
Assistant Referee: Nicholas Gibbons 4th Official: David McCallum

Super Shots go through in Lancashire

Rob Worrall reporting

A wonderful long distance strike from Peter Vincenti, either side of two well taken Danny Hylton finishes, saw Shots return from Lancashire with an unexpected win and safe passage to the third round of the FA Cup.

The Shots took a welcome break from League Two action with this 2nd round FA Cup tie, a long trip back to the North West coast, their second visit of the season to Highbury, home of Fleetwood Town.

With top scorer Craig Reid passing his fitness test, Shots manager Dean Holdsworth was able to bring him back into the attack to cover the absence of Dani Lopez, cup-tied after a brief substitute appearance for Stevenage in the first round. He also elected to give Reading loanee Michael Hector his Shots debut. Hector started in the centre of midfield alongside Aaron Morris.

Shots settled quickly and enjoyed most of the early possession. They also had the first shot -a Morris effort blocked, the first corner and the first header on target - Troy Brown not troubling Fleetwood keeper Scott Davies from close range at the far post. Fleetwood's first attempt on goal came from former Premiership player, Barry Ferguson but Jamie Young saved it with ease.

After a promising start Holdsworth's men then put themselves under pressure by conceding two free kicks around the penalty area in two minutes. Young saved the first one, a 25-yard left foot effort by Alan Goodhall. However, from the second one, Junior Brown timed his run perfectly to tuck the ball away, after Goodhall's delivery was only half cleared. 1-0 Fleetwood in the tenth minute.

The next ten minutes were scrappy, with neither side able to take any real control of the game, but on twenty minutes, out of nothing, Shots levelled. A ball played forward towards Hylton, was either left or missed by Danny, but ran through to Craig Reid, who in turn laid the ball back into Danny's path. He found himself 20 yards out on his weaker left foot, but went for goal anyway and connected well with a low shot that skidded off the turf and past Davies' despairing dive. 1-1

On the half hour - Shots very nearly took the lead, Cadogan letting fly from just inside the box. Davies though was equal to it and with a raised fist, delected it over the bar for a corner, from which Vincenti - off balance - headed wide. Fleetwood responded on 37 minutes, Tom Barkhuizen curling a 25 yard effort over Young and thankfully, for The Shots, over his bar too.

As the referee signalled one minute of added time at the end of the first half, no-one in the stadium could have guessed what was about to happen - a simply stunning strike from the in-form Vincenti. A wonderful curling, dipping 35 yard effort out of nothing, which caught Davies off his line. 2-1 Shots at the break.

Fleetwood dominated the early stages of the second half, but Shots defended resolutely, all eleven of Holdsworth's men battling for the cause - but none more so than goalscorer Vincenti. David Ball had perhaps the best of several half chances, heading over from just 8 yards. Substitute Jamie Milligan then saw his left-footed free kick fly just over on 69 minutes.

Holdsworth brought on Josh Payne for Reid on 70 minutes. The home side continued to ask more questions, but Shots caught them on the break with a classic counter-punch. It was all Hylton's own work, as he out-paced McNulty on the right and then slipped the ball past the Davies and scored from the acutest of angles. 3-1 Shots, with just fifteen minutes left.

On 80 minutes, Holdsworth replaced Cadogan with Rob Sinclair and Shots looked to be running down the clock with relative ease. However, on 87 minutes, Fleetwood grabbed a second goal, in the most bizaare circumstances. A Gillespie shot was deflected way up in the air and came down spinning, just underneath Young's crossbar. The Shots keeper was unable to take the ball cleanly and David Ball was on hand to slot home.

Referee Gibbs soon indicated that Shots would have to hold on for a further five minutes of added time, but in the end, they did so with relative ease to put themselves in the draw for Round Three on Sunday.